News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HI!

After receiving this amazing picture of some oldenburg officers during or after ww1 I try to identify them and also their decorations. I cannot identify the last three awards of the man in the center and of the one right - the last one looks like one of the prussian service medals, but wearing by an officer??

So it would be a great help if someone of you could identify these decorations or one of the men of the picture!!

Thanks for your help!

westfale

• 7 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

I think these fellowss are members of the Oldenburg Gendarmerie, but the quality is not that great. All have combatant (!) ribboned Friedrich August Crosses 2nd Class, and either 2nd or 1st Class Oldenburg House Order Honor Crosses. The second closeup has the Prussian Kriegshilfsdienst Cross in 2nd place. That man is wearing an Oldenburg Gendarmerie long service medal njxt to a Prussian landwehr Decoration 2nd Class. The last photo 3rd cross is Oldenburg Gendarmerie again and probably a Prussian LD2 again. Too blurry to be sure.

If their names were on back they could be located in the House Order roll, if decorated before the war.