News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW2 Buy Bonds Bomb Sign, info needed!

Avitas

Hello there,

I recently acquired this cool "BUY BONDS" sign and was trying to find a little more about it. From what I have gathered it is an American ww2 sign that would have hung (it's two sided) outside a local store or post office. I am guessing the "8" surrounded by the wreath depicts the series of War Bonds being offered? If anyone has any info on this piece it would be appreciated. Here are the pics.

Pat

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2012/post-1212-0-55777800-1354395747.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2012/post-1212-0-28319700-1354395765.jpg

• 7 months later...
    • 5 months later...

Yes I believe it is for the 8th War Loan as well. It had previous series of war loans painted on it previously as you can see the silver paint and bumps from the earlier writing under the current paint job, so I assume it was practice for local store owners who sold war bonds to just paint over the sign when the next issue came out. I purchased this close to home here in Southern British Columbia so it may be a Canadian issue, I had just thought it was American because of the colour scheme.

Thanks for the responses and hopefully someone else has some info on this cool sign!

Pat