News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is a an option from another military forum:

1. Go to http://www.volksbund.de/
    2. Click on "Grabersuche online" at the top of the page
    3. Click on "zur Onlinesuche >" in the middle of the page
    4. You will be given 5 boxes to fill in. They are:
      Nachname=Last name
      Vorname=First name
      Geburstdatum=Date of birth
      Todesdatum=Date of death
      Geburtsort=Place of birth
      Fill in as much as possible. Remember to enter dates as dd.mm.yyyy (so July 4th, 2001 would read as 04.07.2001)
    5. The new search procedures require that a questionnaire be filled out prior to receiving your search results. As a minimum, the items marked with an asterisk must be completed. They are:
      Vorname (First name)
      Nachname (Last name)
      Straße / Nr.*: (Street Address)
      Land / PLZ / Ort*: (Country/zip code/city)
      (If you are interested in completing the entire questionnaire, the translated version is at the end of these instructions)
      Scroll down to the end of the questionnaire and click on "Zur Ergebnisseite"
    6. You will be taken to a page that includes the address for the Commission and a short note thanking you for your support. Click on "Suchanfrage ausfuhren"
    7. You will then be given the results. The term "Die Recherche war lieder erfolglos" indicates that no results were found based on the information provided. Possible matches will be listed by last names that are linked to further information. Keep in mind that the database may occasionally be down for maintenance and updating (Wartungsarbeit).
    8. Once you have clicked on a possible match you will be taken to that
      individuals information page which lists:
      Zum Gedenken (In memory of)
      Nachname (Last name)
      Vorname (First name)
      Dienstgrad (Rank)
      Geburstdatum (Date of birth)
      Geburtsort (Place of birth)
      Todesdatum (Date of death)
      Todesort (Place of death)
      This is followed a short paragraph which describes where the individual is buried, if known. Copy the information and paste it on one of the many online translation services (such as www.freetranslation.com/). The results
      may not be 100% grammatically correct, but it will give you the gist of what you are looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

hello, i got the grouping and i have took pictures of the book (i have letters as well but will post them later) please give me the gist of the information in the book

also if there is any website i can go to do further research please let me know

thanks
    john