News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi All, I recently purchased the group of 8 to inspector William Charles Whitsitt from the Bechuanaland Protectorate Police, consisting of:

Colonial Police Medal (GVIR, 2nd Issue) for Gallantry, 39-45 Star, Africa Star, Italy Star, Defence medal, War medal, Africa Service Medal and Army LSGC (GVIR, 2nd Issue) Bechuanaland. All medals are correctly named.

The group came with copies of the WW II service records for his time in the South African Forces. The CPM for Gallantry was gazetted in the London Gazette on 28th August 1951. As usual there was no details of the citation in the gazette, however I believe that the detail would usually be published in the Colonial gazette. I am hoping that someone in the forum can either help with where I can access the information or alternatively perhaps has a copy of the citation please.