News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sergeant JH Gough, N. Div. Met Police Reserves

I recently purchased on Ebay a 1927 copy of the "Official Handbook" of the Metropolitan Special Constabulary Reserve and a blank notebook, both named to "Sergeant J.H.Gough, Metropolitan Police Reserves, N. Division,Tottenham", with the additional address "71 Lansdowne Road, Tottenham, N17." I wondered if anyone might be able to help me find if there is any further information on his career, etc, available?

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest pikemedals

your officer may be on the 1935 jubilee medal roll for the metropolitan police special constabulary.that if he was still serving in 1935 and that only 5% of the serving officers got the medal. it a long shot you may be lucky. i only got the 1935 jubilee medal roll for full time officers.good luck mate

Guest pikemedals

there was two j gough police officers in the met.one was pensioned in 1912 he was a police sergeant in v division.the other was a police sergeant when he pensioned in 1904 w division. i have seen special constabulary medals in groups with met police jubilee and coronatian medals.but they are rare in a group.if you need more info on the two officers just ask

Thanks for the posts - I would be interested to see the extra information, but if either is him he must have been getting on a bit to be in the Reserves still, some 15/20 plus years after being pensioned out of the regulars...

Guest pikemedals

i remember seeing a police group it was a 1887 and 1897 clasp,1902,1911 medals to the metropolitan police with a defence medal and a george 5th special constabulary medal all to the same police officer with a photo of him in his 60s with white hair as a special.i got police group to a officer who joined the met befor the great war. he got a 1911 coronation medal to the met when left to go to war and got a ww1 pair.rejoined the met went on to get a 1935 jubilee medal.when he was penisoned off in the late 30s .but rejoined the met for the war and he still serving in 1943 he must of been in his 60s.by when have you try the 1911 census for a J H GOUGH to see how many was about that time. will get back to you about the two officers tonight paul

Edited by pikemedals

Guest pikemedals

1st officer is a sps john gough joined on 13/02/1882 pc x.division pensioned 12/08/1904 sps w division. he may to old ?

2nd officer is a ps joseph gough joined on 18/01/1986 pc v.division pensioned 22/01/1912 ps v.division