News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Freikorps von Epp Sleeve Badge

This cast badge has been turning up quite often over the last year and seems to have fooled a lot of collectors and even some dealers (eMedals, for example).

Sadly this one just sold for a staggering $263.88 on US eBay: too much even for a real one.

It's such a poorly made cast to begin with, and made from some spurious white metal. I just don't understand what people are thinking. They were only ever made in oxidized bronze, were a hollow-back, stamped badge in 2 types only: one with designer signature and the year 1919 and a later one with no signature and no date worn as a tradition badge.

This fake has become such a serious problem because this badge seems to be red hot among collectors in the US, for some reason. I hope the buyer sees this and sends the piece of crap back to the crook who sold it.

The seller on eBay of this badge, who offers these and other fakes frequently is named deville68er.

Very nice 2nd type von Epp.

Here's a correct 1st type with designer signature and '1919' around the rim.

Guven the number of originals to compare that are accessible online, one wonders what kind of idiot would go ahead and pay so much for such an obvious piece of junk.

Correction:

In looking again at Robin's I realize the badge is the 1st type as well, but on the diamond with green cord worn on the SA uniform. The green chord denotes someone who was an original volunteer at the time the Freikorp was formed in 1919.