News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Army Leutnant - what else can you tell from this pic?

Here is a recent addition to my meager collection.

This card shows us a very young, daring-looking and packed for action Leutnant with his Picklehaube (with cover), parade bayonet, Grabendolch and his Luger pistol in a commercial holster. I can't make out the insignia in his boards.

Reverse of the card is blank, with exception of the photographer mark. It's a shame as I would love to have his name.

Is anything else that we can add to the info above?

Thanks for looking,

Douglas.

Hi Douglas!

The only thing I can say, that he is an infantrist (because of his brandenburg cuffs and the spiked helmet). The card says "Munsterlager". That doesn´t help in any way, because Munsterlager was a large training ground, that was used by most of the units in north-west Gemany. Munster is a town 70km south of Hamburg and belonged to the X.army corps.

I assume, he doesn´t have a number upon his boards, but maybe a letter. It could be a "P" of the Inf.Rgt.91 from Oldenburg (X.army corps).But that is just a guess