News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just Discovered this site. I have collected to the Liverpool City Police for many years and have recently branched out into the Metropolitan Police medals, of which I know nothing. Can anyone help with information on the below men whose medals I have recently obtained.

Jubilee 1887 medal to PC. C. Holdaway "N" Div.

Jubilee 1887 Medal to PC. G. Luxford "X" Div. a note with medal states Dismissed.

Jubilee 1887 Clasp 1897 to PC H. Smith "P" Div.

Thanks

Peter

Pc Charles Holdaway - warrant number 71420 - joined the Metropolitan Police 23/02/1886 & posted Y Division (Highgate) - left 29/04/1893 with gratuity as Pc on N Division (Islington) - only entitlement is 1887 Jubilee medal.

Pc George Luxford - warrant number 70253 - joined the Metropolitan Police 07/03/1885 & posted to K Division (Bow) - Dismissed from the Force 02/04/1891 as Pc on K Division - only entitlement is 1887 Jubilee medal.

At the moment having trouble finding Pc Smith on P Div who is entitled to the 1887 Jubilee medal with 1897 clasp.

Both Holdaway & Luxford joined too early to have a record of service available in the National archives.

I found a PC Henry Smith Warrant Number 59479 who joined 10/10/1875 as a PC in X Div and left 1/12/1898 as a PC in P Div. He got a Class 1 Certificate (=excellent) when he left. X Div = Kilburn P Div = Camberwell

I cannot confirm the date he transferred to P Div but I think he is the most likely candidate for this medal

Pages from the Attestation and Discharge Registers are attached

Edited by Odin Mk 3