News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RAF Apprentice School award scarce with this many bars?

Gents

thought I would share a picture of this recent acquisition a fairly standard WW2 Group to F/LT G R Wood 39-45 Star, Atlantic, Defence and War Medal. However the sporting award blew me away.

A very attractive Barrington Kennett Medal awarded to apprentices at RAF Halton, the medal a beautiful design is in hallmarked silver and the award bars are also silver. While not very rare I belive they are uncommon with this many bars clearly G R Wood was an all round fit chap!

DSC_0274_zps8d9a8e7e.jpg

DSC_0276_zpsaa5f08ab.jpg

DSC_0275_zps074c36cd.jpg

DSC_0274_zpsd06f1d03.jpg

Work in progress thought I had found him in an old flight magazine as missing in action, wrong Flight Lieutenant G R Wood as it turns out! My man was in the RAF till late 1940's before resigning his commission. Boxed group suggests Air crew so will keep digging!

Your right though nice when everything is kept together came with his NCO (Sgt) Chevrons sleeve eagles OR cap badge F/Lt dress shoulder boards and an Officers Cap badge.

Regards

Paul