News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Can anyone identify who exactly this is?

Hptm. Egon Schneider received the Saxon Albrechtsorden, Ritterkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, on 27.8.15 as a K.P. Hptm. in Saxon RIR 244. Earlier, he also received the Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt Ehrenkreuz 3.Klasse mit Schwertern on 15.1.15, also as a Hptm, in RIR 244.

Both the Saxon and Schwarzburg rolls say only Hauptmann, not d.R./d.L./a.D., etc., which would imply he was an active officer, but German state rolls are often bad about getting this right. Also, I am not sure why an active Prussian Hauptmann would be in a Saxon RIR. I think the only Hauptleute in January 1915 for whom I do not have a first name are one from IR 85 (Hptm. 22.4.14) and one from IR 28, k.b. LwB Andernach (Hptm. 8.11.14). Neither seems to have an obvious connection to Saxony or Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt.

So perhaps an a.D. officer or officer of the Beurlaubtenstand. There are unfortunately a bunch of those. Ones for whom I don't have a first name include:

Hptm.d.R. d. IR 88

Hptm.d.L.-Jäg, Höchst

Hptm.d.L.-Inf., Liegnitz

Hptm.d.L.a,D, (Marburg), LdstIB Marburg

Hptm.d.L.a,D, (Wetzlar), LIR 81

Hptm.d.L.-Inf., I Dortmund, LIR 30

Hptm.d.L.-Inf., III Berlin, LIR 12

Hptm.d.R.a.D., GGR 1

Again, none with an apparent connection to Saxony or Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt. Can anyone connect an Egon to any of these active, retired or reserve/Landwehr officers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT TO ADD: A Hptm. Egon Schneider in Flieger-Ers.-Abt. 1 is in the Ernestine rolls with an EH3aX on 1.12.16. Maybe the same guy?

Thanks,
    Dave

Edited by Dave Danner

Hi Dave

Yes it is the flyer Egon Schneider who started his career in FAR 55.

EKII 201214

SEK IImS 150115

SAK ImS 270815

SEHK ImS 011216

BeoAbz 250118

ErrAbz 080120

He also got some awards 1934 to 1936.

I have lots of info on him

:)

Gunnar

Hi Gunnar,

Many thanks! I had the OLt in FAR 55 with a first initial of "F", not "E". What was his full name? Please let me know any other information so I can include a short summary (such name, birthdate, career highlights).in the Schwarzburg summary. How did he end up in a Saxon reserve infantry regiment?

Dave

Hi Dave

His first names are Egon, Max, Martin, Lebrecht.

He was born in Kreis Sachsen Altenburg (not real Sachsen).

He was shortly at RIR 244 from 231114 until 230115 when he was posted to observer training.

If you send me an private e-mail I can give you some further info.

:)

Gunnar