News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gentlemen,

before a year, I got this nice trio:

Württemberg Charlottenkreuz

Württemberg bronzene Karl - Olga - Medaille

Bayern Verdienstkreuz für freiwillige Krankenpflege mit Spange 1914

Preußen Rote Kreuz Medaille 3. Klasse

3rd Reich additional fixed Ehrenkreuz für Kriegsteilnehmer

Mini chain reverse

As You certainly have noticed, there is a difference between the bar

and the chain. Bronze Karl - Olga - Medaille at the bar and a silver

one on the chain. The trio came directly from private with the

name Haußer. But I don´t know, if the name is right as I don´t

have any lists to check the name. I don´t even know if this list

exist.

Enjoy Andreas

Guest Rick Research

The Bavarian decoration was published during the war--3,247 awarded. But they would have to be checked in every gazette and transcribed.

This is an absolutely magnificent set, which at some point when somebody getss around to Württemberg should be (and deserves to be) identifiable.

At the "lowest" level (bronze Olga and no other civil service or military awards) this lifelong volunteer certainly was extraordinary. The lower the status the more unlikely to be decorated--so this person did astonishly well indeed.

As we Research Gnomes have long said--too few of us for the backlog of data out there. So we've never expanded beyond MILITARY rolls to civil ones. Not enough years in our lives left. But somebody should do CIVILIANS like this, please!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Bavarian decoration was published during the war--3,247 awarded. But they would have to be checked in every gazette and transcribed.

This is an absolutely magnificent set, which at some point when somebody getss around to Württemberg should be (and deserves to be) identifiable.

At the "lowest" level (bronze Olga and no other civil service or military awards) this lifelong volunteer certainly was extraordinary. The lower the status the more unlikely to be decorated--so this person did astonishly well indeed.

As we Research Gnomes have long said--too few of us for the backlog of data out there. So we've never expanded beyond MILITARY rolls to civil ones. Not enough years in our lives left. But somebody should do CIVILIANS like this, please!!!!

Hello Rick,

I had contact to Albert Raff, who has published some very good books about Württembergische Medaillen.

He has been in archives and he told me, that the lists for Karl - Olga - Medaillen don´t exist. There

are only lists for the Karl - Olga - Orden. From the bronze Karl - Olga - Medaille were 603 ordered. I don´t know

how many from these 603 were awarded.

Regards

Andreas

Guest Rick Research

Then the only hope is to find the listing in something like a Hof- und Staats Handbuch.