News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The General Was A Butler: An Early 1890s Minis Chain

Guest Rick Research

I never realized so many people collected these things, but thanks to the interest expressed here at GMIC, members of the Traveling Museum have been fishing their hidden treasures out to share.

Guest Rick Research

Once again we see a VERY limited time frame a specific chain was worn in--suggesting that rather than prying them off and adding to a longer chain... wearers just went out and bought whole new sets that matched every time something was added!

Guest Rick Research

Unfortunately in the 86º heat I didn't notice that the 1848/49 Campaign Medal ended up back-side-up for both front and back scans.

I don't imagine anyone ever noticed if they jingled wrong way to on General von Schrabisch's tuxedo, either.

Apprently being master of a Royal household was a job without a retirement plan!

Guest Rick Research

Did you notice that EVERY award he had during those couple of years is on the chain? NOTHING worn at the neck.

I'm wondering if there was some protocol distinction between "white tie" and "black tie" that could explain this?