News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

now I will present you one of my research successes. Normally it is impossilbe to identify such a photo without a bar. But in this case it was possible :)

Which sources I needed?

For a fast research I have used: "Geschichte der kaiserlichen Schutztruppe für Deutsch-Ostafrika" by Nigmann, Ernst. There are all officers and medical officers listed.

And the only thing I had to do was to look up for an "Oberleutnant" of the kaiserliche Schutztruppe in GEA whose earlier troop unit was the Inf.-Regt. No. 75.

Bingo, there was only one possibility. cheers.gif

Oblt. Alfred von Müller who served in GEA from 2nd May 1902 to 29th May 1904.

In the "Rangliste" of 1905 and "DKB" of 1904 I could only find out that he´s retired, but why? Normally is there a statement, like: transfered to .... or left the army for a civilian career. But in this case NOTHING :banger:

After rereading this thread:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/58956-the-face-of-disgrace-hauptmann-polst-cashiered/

It seems, we have another example of "The Face Of Disgrace"

Best wishes

Karsten

Edited by Leutwein

In 1903 of "DKB" (Deutsches Kolonialblatt) I could find this entry. So something must be happen during his vacation in Germany (between october 1903 and May 1904) . He never returned to German-Eastafrica.

Best wishes

Karsten

Guest Rick Research

No war service per the Ehrenrangliste. Dead before 1914? Permanently disgraced? Emigrated to get away from his "past?" These human dramas just leave us feeling like we're reading a book with the last chapter missing, don't they?

Edited by Rick Research