News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Chinese Dagger from Zhang Zongchang 张宗昌

dark379

Hi everyone may i ask if anyone know something about this dagger. i have polish the rusted area of the dagger and it is cleaned now

it has some unknown words near the handle (machine made) and engraving Chinese words (hand made)

張宗昌贈 - left

事到萬難須放胆 - right

i have seen a same engrave writings also in this Chinese forum

http://www.sdshbsh.cn/tnqs/387.html

i have post the old rusted image and cleaned

Edited by dark379

Sometimes very difficult to be accurate with Oriental weapons - I would say that this has strong US influences in the style of a Bowie knife -

although no upturned point. Perhaps the writing is a commemorative one - particularly if there is a WW2 link ? This will be interesting to

find the meaning and I hope a Chinese speaker will be able to help. Mervyn

I see, Thank you Mr. Marvyn for the reply and info.... Zhang Zongchang has been in Russian also in his early age (so he might have that dagger in Russia?) and later became a warlord in China... he also didn't reach the world war 2, more on Sun Yat-sen era only.

Thank you

• 10 years later...