News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

polish language help please!

Hi all,

Can someone with the language skills or our Polish members can help with the document translation please. Just main info will do - what paper it is?

Kind regards,

Noor

Edited by Noor

• 3 weeks later...

Taking personal military documents abroad was forbidden.

This paper certifies that Michał Malikjanicz s/o Stanisław (lithuanian nationality, Roman-Catholic, farmer, illiterate) has left his soldier's booklet in proper Military Recruitment Office in Święciany (now Svencionys in Lithuania) before he went abroad. Signed by Chief - mjr Powichrowski.

The bottom part is an instruction that after coming to other country or Free City of Gdańsk he has 14 days to report to Polish Consulate place of staying and after coming back to Poland in no longer than 5 days return this certificate to Military Recruitment Office an take back his military documents.

If this document is from private collection, not from military archives, I think that Mr. Malikjanicz didn't came back to Poland before German invasion.

Sorry for my poor English, I hope this text is understandable.

v/r

Giller

Thank you so much Giller! That's great information!

This document came out in Estonia and actually it has been fixed on the back as well, using local Estonian newspaper - so, probably he didn't return ;).