News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Obstlt.Schweisfurth, K.C.Hohenzollern House Order

Hello readers.

The later Oberstleutnant Emil Schweisfurth was decorated with the Knights Cross of the Hohenzollern House Order with swords with date of 18 October, 1918. Following are pictures of the document thereto as well as pages from his Soldbuch of WW II during which he salso served. Unfortunately only the Hohenzoller document survived together with the Soldbuch and some other misc. papers. But his decorations did and are shown.

Bernhard H. Holst

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: He certainly had a very uneven SECOND war, didn't he? Nothing between 1939 and 1944, and then all hell broke loose! :o

He is an UNGAZETTED HOH3X! :jumping:

And I would never have thought he could be the Hauptmann ("aktiv!") 01.04.34 #205 in Inf Rgt 133, where he is listed as a "Dipl. Hl." (?) and company commander of 13. (Infanterie Geschütz)/ IR 133 at Linz in January 1939...but he was!!!!

The may 1944 (confirming his "Truppenoffizier" OTL seniority) showed him as last peacetime assignment OKH (FzIn)-- Army High Command Feldzueug Inspektion.

So... where and what was he between 1939 and 1944? :anmatcat:

Edited by Rick Research

Hello Rick.

Among his papers is his "Lebenslauf" which explains or so it seems his checkered career. It could also be construed as his attempt to secure a post-war position in civil service . In my opinion towards the end of the war scraping the bottom of the barrel he was reassigned to troop command. But then off with him on the day of capitulation. I will post it.

As to gazetting note the day of award, it probably got lost in the days of upheaval in Berlin.

Bernhard H. Holst

BTW: the I.C.I. cl is vaulted and marked 935.

Hello readers:

Following is the former Obstlt. Schweisfurth's curriculum vitae. After 1933 unable to find work as teacher because not a Partymember choose to reenter the army. To note is his assignment to ordonance related duties following frontline deployment in the Poland and France campaigns, in the Spring of 1941. Several times admonished what he called incorrect measures that was followed by threats of court martial. He calls himself a "unbequemer Untergebener" or inconvienient subordinate and for reasons of conscience requested a transfer. He was assigned to the supervision of some POW camps in Austria. He describes difficulties with Generals and Gauleiters in his efforts to be fair and impartial ect.Anticipated a court martial proceeding on account of his actions and therefore reported for front duty which he received as commander of the Gren.Rgt. 663, 182 Inf.Div. That unit was dissolved soon after and he was assigned to the Waffenschule ( an army training school).See last document posted.

Of note are his continuing promotions and decorations.

Bernhard H. Holst

Edited by Bernhard H.Holst