News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with berets

Paul

The khaki coloured beret you have purports to be for a Non commissioned rank of the Scots Guards and dates from the mid 80s up to the present day. A few things that worry me regarding this beret are the extremely shoddy way that the blue, red, blue badge backing has been sewn onto the beret, no Guards Regiment would allow this standard of tailoring, The Scots Guards cap badge does not show wear in line with the wear on the inside of the beret which I know does not mean much but could indicate that this has been put together for a quick sale.

Most issued berets would also have maker and size stamps on the inside but if this a privately purchased example that may well not be the case. Guardsman would often want a beret with a leather band as opposed to a cloth one and so this could be a commercially made beret bought for that reason.

Hope this helps and best regards Simon