News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Coldstream Guards Tunic

Paul

A well worn example of a Guardsmans tunic to the Coldstream Guards, as we said in your message it is difficult to accurately date such items due to the general style and insignia remaining virtually the same however there are a number of reasons why I would say that this example does have some age:-

Obviously the brass buttons predate the staybite buttons now in use.

The shape of the epaulettes is slightly different from current issue, they appear to be broader at the base with a tapered shape towards the point.( though this could just be the angle of the photograph)

The cloth used in manufacture also appears to be of a coarser type with less nap than the modern issue.

Its a pity we have no tailors label but I would imagine this to be from the inter war or just post WW2 period, perhaps Glenn J could shed some light on this tunic?

Regards Simon.