News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

An easy way to collect Bavarian artillery. Sometimes a way to some interesting research; although, I haven't yet researched any of these fellows.

First up, of course, Kgl. Bayer. 1. Feldartillerie-Regiment Prinz-Regent Luitpold or simply bFAR1

Gefreiter Otto Bauer; Unteroffizier Luitpold Ellwanger; Kanonier Andr. Reischenbeck

Kgl. Bayer. 6. Feldartillerie-Regiment Prinz Ferdinand von Bourbon, Herzog von Calabrien or simply bFAR6

Soldat Max Seiler died 16 July 1918, Marne Reims, from counterbattery fire

(PS: If anyone would like to own Max's card, I have two...will trade)

Seeing all these death cards brings back memories. When I was living in Bavaria back in the early 90s, there was two guys I use to send these cards to. They were all over shops and flee markets, I'd buy them for a mark, maybe two and send them on and sell them for $10.00 guaranteed.

I had a nice gebirgs collection back then, both WWI and II and most coming directly from vets. All the old Gebirgs Kaserns were still in use too by the same old regiments.

Ed, I often wish I had been interested in collecting when I lived and traveled in Germany, esp Berlin, in the 70s and 80s.

Oh the collection I would have.......

Before Gebirgs I collected Luftwaffe and Heer, this would have been in the mid to late 70s. I lived right around the corner from a shop who sold both jewelry and what ever vets brought in to sell. Hesse was his name and did I get some nice stuff from him.

Kgl. Bayer. 3. Feldartillerie-Regiment Prinz Leopold

Unteroffizier Jakob Weigl; EK2, MVK3krx, Militar-Verdienst Auszeichnung, Verwundeten Abzeichen

Hello,

thanks for showing us these deathcards.

It is very sad to see, that most of this young men died at the end of war.

Intersting are the professions of the soldiers "Hausbesitzerssohn" = son of a house-owner,

"Zementwarenverfertigerssohn", that is very difficult to translate. I think it was a son of a worker, who pave out or firm up on building sites.

Edited by spolei

• 2 weeks later...