News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

I received this today and thought I'd like to show it off a bit. It's the first lid with decals I've owned but I probably won't be keeping it.

Can anyone say if the chinstrap is original the the helmet?

Tony

• 3 months later...

This is Feuerschutzpolizei helmet (due to insignia &  padding). Chinstrap shown on photo maybe original to this item (more detailed photo would help)

Hello Ibsr,

I've attached a picture of the chinstrap, as you can see, the catch seems to be missing.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

A nice lid there Tony, can't help with the strap I'm afraid, a new one on me sad.gif . However, I don't think you have anything to worry over, they used a multitude of different parts on these.

As a side note, thought you may like to see one of the pictures I have showing HJ boys wearing this style, complete with the neck guards.

Cheers

Don

I would think the chinstrap is original.....though it is no longer complete. Looks like the attaching clips on both sides have broken off.

Too bad about that but it is legit! Nice...

Rob

Nice helmet Tony I had one with a very similar chinstrap setup ,and thats a great photo Don.Rob.

• 4 years later...

I have the same white dots on my feuerschutz helmet as well (in the post http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39254) Is this some type of corrosion? It is identical, I thought at first the white specks on mine must have been some sort of paint, but now it seems unlikely as what are the chances of that happening on two similar helmets. Is yours stamped DRP Thale as well, maybe identical construction methods and materials were used?

Later,

Pat