News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello dear fellow collectors,

Recently i obtained the uniform of Brigadier General REMY Louis DFC. REMY was a Belgian pilot officer who flew with 103 squadron during WWII and obtained the DFC for his actions in combat.

On the uniform are some ribbons ( Order of Leopold II - Order of Leopold - Belgian War Cross with seven (!) oak leaf ( bars ) and the DFC.

The problem is that i have a picture of the General wearing his uniform during his appointment were he wears a pin badge of the 103 squadron on his right upper pocket of his vest and now the badge isn't on the vest anymore...

I would love to complete the uniform with a original little 103 squadron badge but is there anyone who can help me find one please? I don't know were to start :banger:

Thanks in advance

Ringo

Hi - Ringo. Sometimes you can be lucky in these quests - and I sincerely hope one of our members will be able to

help - or, point you in the right direction. I will say that Squadron Badges are sought after by collectors , so you

may be lucky. Post a picture of the uniform ? Mervyn

Hi - Ringo. Sometimes you can be lucky in these quests - and I sincerely hope one of our members will be able to

help - or, point you in the right direction. I will say that Squadron Badges are sought after by collectors , so you

may be lucky. Post a picture of the uniform ? Mervyn

Hello Mervyn,

Thank you so much for your answer... I sincerely hope someone will/can help me finding this badge, it would be great to complete the uniform of this "little" Belgian who came to the UK to fight against Germany.

General Remy was a great man! After his duty for his country may 1940 he was imprisoned in Oflag VIIIC where he escaped tree times and was therefore send to Colditz were he learned to know a friendly pilot without legs who became his friend. This was without any doubt the legendary Douglas Bader...

After his escape from Colditz he fled to Spain through Germany - Belgium - France en Spain and during his journey to the UK was imprisoned again in Miranda. He could - once again - escape and swim ( !!! ) to Gibraltar from where he could travel to the UK... There he met his friends and could become bomber pilot with the 103 squadron.

You can say that he was - at least - very motivated to come to the Uk for the Allied case. Therefore i am very happy that i could find this uniform...

For now i don't have a mannequin to put the uniform on but i will post a picture of the complete uniform that's a promise!

Regards

ringo

Edited by ringo