News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Evening all,

I have tried to do a bit of research on the history of this cup but don't seem to be getting too far. If there is anyone that can shed some light on this it would be nothing less than interesting

Kellner's Cup

Simla Races

Presented By

(C or G) F. Kellner & Co.

Won by

Col Tuckers Cock Robin

Obviously some form of horse/bird/dog race or whatever they did for fun in those days.

Thanks plenty

Sounds like a horse race of some kind. Simla was the retreat in summer for the Viceroy and his family and Staff. This also

included the different arms of Govt. - so Simla was a considerable town in the foothills - where it was cooler.

The cup will probably be made of sterling silver (925 parts to 1000) - find the marks and we can then check to see if it was

made in 1893. Well engraved - but still a commercial prize and in those days 'Trade' was looked down-on. Mervyn

The cup has been tested and found to be silver but the ironic thin is there are no markings whatsoever on the cup so as for specific dating etc I can't do the tracing. The cup does fall in line with all the Tuckers so it was definitely from that time. The Colonel would be Louis Henry Emile Tucker who was with the Bengal Infantry at the time.