News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Badges! We don't need no stinking badges!

Hi - Muckaroon. You have put together an interesting and eclectic collection. I particularly liked your extensive Red Cross

badges and insignia. Recent years have seen a lot of interest in collecting the WW2 ones - I would advise you to concentrate on these -perhaps set-up another frame. You may have a couple of gold ones - check the back of the RAF wings and also the tie tack with the long pin. The tie pin for the Machine Gun Corps + the suspension badge below with the metal bow - these are "Sweetheart Brooches"-

another big collecting field. Best wishes for 2015. Mervyn

Hi Mervyn, I've been collecting these various and interesting badges since I started collecting these past ten years or so. Most are from car boot sales and antique/collectors fairs. A side line to militaria collecting. The sweetheart badge with the bow is for the Royal Army Service Corp which my father served in WW2. I can't resist a good badge especially at the right price and the right content of course.

That's the problem with this bug we have...when to buy or not to buy....still I could spend my cash on wine, women and song....er hang on I've already done that.........happy trails and a Happy New Year.