News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guard Kurassar Regiment Veterans Shooting Award Silver Platter

Hello all, this was a recent find, haven't been able to find any information or other examples like this anywhere, anyone ever see a similar one or know anything about these? It was presented in 1934 and is 830 silver by the firm HJ Wilm Berlin.

Fritz

Fritz,

It will be a unique item. It looks nicely made and is style wise of the period. I like it, we have a lot of Mess silver in the museum at Celle. As you can appreciate these things are often privately commisioned and I suppose a lot were melted down as scrap post both wars as there is always value in gold and silver?

It probably survived since there is no swastika on it?

Looking at the date it (1934) should probably be posted on the dark side?

Nice bit of silver!

Thanks for posting it up!

Edited by Jock Auld

Thanks Jock, I thought about posting it there but since it's for a imperial gaurd regiment I thought I'd post it here instead to maybe get some info on it or find some other examples, really haven't been able to find anything similar to determine a possible value too.

Fritz