News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Badge Identification

This is a photo of my Grandfather in WW2 in Castle Halwood in the New Forest.  At that time he was serving with 135 Mechanical Equipment Company he was a Plant Op - specifically a D6 bulldozer Driver.  I know the pictures aren't clear but if anyone can tell me what the sleeve insignia might be then I would be truly grateful

It would make it easier if you could post just the badge rather than all of the pictures.  From the image it could be the flash for 5th Corps, though that is probably completely wrong and after downloading the image and trying to enlarge it I am certain it is not.

Edited by Jerry B

Unfortunately I only have the pictures so I have no idea what the badge is.  I have managed to find the original photo and I think it could be a viking long boat and it would appear that 751 Field Coy was listed in their orbat and his service record shows that he served with them until Aug 41.  It would appear that your correct and thank you - now if anyone can show me what the badge looks like ......