News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

S.S. Insignia For wear in Civil attire.

To the Gentlemen, :beer:

I obtained this piece from an old gentleman from Bavaria at a Flea-market, about 5 years ago, I bought a few pieces of iii reich militaria from him before and all was kosher.

He told me it belonged to his uncle from the early days of the III Reich. And they were worn with civil attire and never with the uniform.

The item measures 40mm as can be seen from the pictures sports SS Runes and the words "Mehrsein als Scheinen / More than Just belief." (a loose translation.)

And has a screw post to the rear, the fixing nut is concave - circular and measures 22mm and has the words

OTTO .S S.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreiciated, :beer:

Kev in Deva.

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

A VERY awful fantasy piece.

If that was representative of his wares, I'd be re-thinking those other purchases about now. :speechless1:

(Where do old crooks come from? Young crooks who have aged.... :rolleyes: )

Hallo Rick :beer:

thanks for the quick response, I was always a little suspect of it from never having seen even a picture of one in any of the books I have :( , but to give old "Anton" from Memmingen, Bavaria (the seller) his due, all the other pieces I got off him were 100% good. I would prefer to believe, he picked it up somewhere and did not know if it was real or not and just passed it on :blush: still I didnt pay more than 50 D.Marks for it.

Well into everybodys life a little rain must fall, and coming from Ireland I am used to getting wet.

Never saw VERY and awful used together before, seen VERY bad, Awfuly bad, its nice ring to it :rolleyes:

Maybe we should have a post VERY AWFUL FANTASY THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE WALLET :lol:

Maybe everybody should post the pieces they got stung with at some stage, would make interesting viewing :P

Kev in Deva.

Edited by Kev in Deva