News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bavarian Leib Regiment Officers boards

Hi,

recently I was lucky enough (for a huge price :-(...) to pic up a set of Leib regt Captains boards... now a (unfortunately single) Majors board has arrived.... I assume the button is not an eppaulette button.... Fantastic crown quality for the Major.... I just wish it was a pair!!!

l2.jpg

l1.jpg

I can't remember where I saw those. It was either on Stauffer or Ebay (or maybe both!). It seems many of the lots from Stauffer are being cherry-picked and broken up with the extras showing up on Ebay. Due to the way the lots were put together, there were some things in each lot that drove the price up and now the winners have to try to recoup some of their money on the items that they didn't really want. It will be interesting to see what else surfaces.

Were these straps originally pairs when they were sold?

Hi,

I coulda cried when i saw how cheaply the Stauffer auctions sold for. The Buyer (then ebayer) of the Bavarian Jäger straps made 4-5 times his money back on Ebay.

All the Jäger Alpenkorps stuff came from a collection near Aschaffenburg.

Just goes to show, if your family throws your collection into the clutches of an auction house they will get pennies on the dollar... they should rather ebay it....