News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Question on markings

Hello Gents,

I have the opportunity to pick up a L15 marked EK1

My Question is the marking...i was led to beleive that the LDO marked their crosses with a forward slash like this...L/15 this one i have looked at...looks good except for this marking...it has just L15...

i tried to do a search here...but the search engine will not work when i put in L15 or L/15

I browsed thru the thread topics and found that L/15 is for the Firm of Otto Schinkel

and there was a thread on 'Floch made L15's. it does look like one of these....it is of three peice construction and looks good in this respect.

Another concern is the pin...the catch is of the crude cut out style...and the makers stamping has made a heavy imprint in the pin so that it has a pimple on the back side from too much force being used to punch the stamp.

the pin is the classic 'Coke bottle' style.

the vendor has had the cross verified by a so called Expert....but my gut instinct tells me it is a floch!

Sorry but no pics in hand...

thanking you in advance

regards

Paul

Trust your instincts. I am skeptical, especially with the absence of pictures. There are some L15 variants that are acceptable, however I have found them to be even rarer than the L/15's. I would pass. . .

[attachmentid=31279]

[attachmentid=31280]

Edited by Bill Garvy

Hi Bill,

thanks for your reply.

The cross has the same type of catch that you mention.

the stamping is not as clear as the one you have pictured...very hard to see this one....(needed a magnifying glass....)

the hinge is also further down the arm...( alarm bells=Floch)

BUT...i am going to stay away...

The Gut instinct is always a good thing to rely on... especially with the TR fakes available these days... :(

Kind regards

Paul

Edited by notned