News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greetings, gentlemen.

What are your comments on this badge? I've come upon several dozen different badges, and am trying to weed the fakes from the "facts". smile.gif

Obverse

Edited by Ralph A

Here is the reverse: Thank you for your consideration!

(Moderator please move this to the correct forum - Thank you)

Edited by Ralph A

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Here is a pic of mine which I purchased some years ago.This is the only one I own and not having come across a definate known original I have always had my doubts about this badge.These badges are heavily copied-just do a search on ebay!!

The details on yours do look a bit sharper than mine but against this, the rear of your badge looks to be cut a bit sharp which can be a bad sign. Perhaps someone with a known original will come along and post it for us??

Sorry this is not much help but its the best I can do

Regards

Andy

• 3 months later...

Ralph & Andy

Here's a genuine one in silver. The main points are the void underneath the tail and the thin front legs with the left one angled further back in the stance. There's also a different expression in the head features and various other ripples in the skin. It's also 3mm thick in places.

It's a very difficult badge to judge, especially from photos. Have a look on ebay under the seller 'hantsreg' who's currently listing a restrike (and advertising it as one too, good for him) which doesn't look a whole lot different from this one. Restrikes appeared many, many years ago. I'm satisfied with this one, it's extremely heavy too.

Keith

• 1 month later...