News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Medal for Merit

Hello, guys!

I have some questions concerning Bulgarian Medal for Merit. I know that it was founded on 25.12.1881 by decree of Bulgarian prince Alexander of Battenberg and awarded in 3 classes for service to the Crown or Fatherland - gold (rarely, to high-ranking officials and generals), silver (to middle-ranking officials and officers) and bronze (to lower-ranking officials and NCOs) . The face of the medal displayed  Bulgarian ruler - knyaz Alexander of Battenberg (in 1883-1886), knyaz (in 1887-1908) or tsar Ferdinand (in 1908-1918), tsar Boris III (in 1918-1943); in 1944-1947 the Regency issue was minted, with the "Bulgarian" lion rampant.

Does anybody have the info about bronze Medal for Merit of tsar Boris III period (1918-1943) - how much were awarded and which mints did produce them? Did some modifications (types) of this medal exist?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Frunzich

I agree with you, Bulgaria is of course Balkan state but it can also be regarded as part of Eastern Europe so it could go either way. To me personally it makes more sense to put it here. 

Regardless of geography there's more chance you'll get answers in Central & Eastern European States section.

Best regards