News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

Could someone post some pictures of the various wreaths? I understand there are J1, 2 & 3 wreaths for Junckers. I basically see that the 2nd patterns are more "massive" than the shallower 1st pattern. What is a 3rd type?

And did other makers have different pattern wreaths.

Thanks.

Gary

If you have any detailed pictures that would be helpful! :blush:

Edited by Gary B

Hi Gary,

As you say, the differences between the J1, J2/J3 is an easy call. The J1 has a very thin wreath and a distinctively delicate eagle. When it comes to the J2/J3, things become a little harder. At first glance they look quite similar, until you take a closer look.

I've put together a series of comparisons that should give you an idea of what to look for when deciding if a piece is a J2 or J3. In each comparison the J2 is on the left, J3 on the right.

1. The right wing?.difference in the feathers.

John,

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping I would get some of your great graphics! So what is a J1 eagle. From my readings you can have pure J1, J2, J3 pieces but also mixed eagle and wreath patterns. Is this correct?

Gary B

Thanks John. That clears things up a lot. I am sure I will have more questions for you like 1st and 2nd pattern Assmanns!

Gary

Here is the 1st pattern Juncker, Gary.

Transitional pieces will be found in the Juncker series (not as much as other makers) only with the J2/J3 types. I say that as I've never come across a J1/J2 piece.