News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KwaNdebele Police Establishment Medal Mystery.

Marcon1

Hi Marcon1,

Yes the are hard to find, so I will change the picture, as soon as I can get a better picture.

My other friend, have a lot of Homeland awards and ribbons. I will ask him to get me better pictures.

Glad I could help, in someway and appreciate your assistance and help.

Stay safe

Regards

Archie

Hi Marcon1 & fjcp,

I will cover the KwaNdebele Police as soon as my time allows me, but the blank medal, is definitely a sample.

There is also the Police and Establishment medals, but they were awared differently. I will cover that as well.

I will cover all Homelands Awards in their own topic, to make searching easier.

Hope to cover Transkei today.

I don't always know if the members like the articles or not, because a like on the topics will help me with that, as I covered the complete Order of the Leopard correctly for the first time. 

I tried to search for information for many years, without success, but was fortunate to lay my hards on the Heraldry Archive files, that clear most awards.

I'm only active on GMIC for 1 week and don't know all the correct rules yet

Regards

Archie

I even have the one medal with green enamel in the Police badge.

I was fortunate to buy the original samples from the designer, many years ago. They were on display in hisbl office

received_1149770248551235.jpeg

received_1126746544191696.jpeg

received_1545305475608321.jpeg

20200425_210251.jpg

Hi Archie,

Interesting to see that the one with the green enamel has a different year - 1987 instead of 1986.

Mistake by the manufacturer or issued to commemorate 1 year of establishment or perhaps a second minting of the medal ??

As to the rules of GMIC, you are doing fine mate.

Your 10, 20 and 30 year medals are different than the ones I have pictures of.

7.jpg.feed50638ad533c0d424b018dfa6c43d.jpg note the different front and back (reversed on yours).

1.jpg.f33cae5387fc6aa33235d9e753b0c650.jpg2.jpg.596384006bc348fc9df3deed8de9d215.jpg

3.jpg.5558388b053d7d7877e151bc4d6da1eb.jpg4.jpg.e329b23b40752029cee0d771726d9b45.jpg

Silver version (20 years) different suspenders.

Also note the different front and back (reversed on yours and bronze).

5.jpg.129cff58dc08413486813beb3f6cd53e.jpg6.jpg.7238bb723af12bf0e9af23312b6626a5.jpg

Bronze version (10 years) - note the different front and back (reversed on yours and silver).

I will add your picture to my picture file, again with thanks.

Marcon1.

HiHi Marcon1 & fjcp,

I will cover the KwaNdebele Police as soon as my time allows me, but the blank medal, is definitely a sample.

There is also the Police and Establishment medals, but they were awared differently. I will cover that as well.

I will cover all Homelands Awards in their own topic, to make searching easier.

Hope to cover Transkei today.

I don't always know if the members like the articles or not, because a like on the topics will help me with that, as I covered the complete Order of the Leopard correctly for the first time. 

I tried to search for information for many years, without success, but was fortunate to lay my hards on the Heraldry Archive files, that clear most awards.

I'm only active on GMIC for 1 week and don't know all the correct rules yet

Regards

Archie

Hi Marcon1,

Thanks for letting me know that I'm in the rules of GMIC.

Yes, as I said, these set as per my pictures and the enamel medal, were all the first samples manufactured.

They were on display in the office of the designer and I was fortunate to buy them through a friend of mine.

When I cover the SAPS medals someday, you will also see all the samples, because the same friend of mine, is the designer.

Hope to find more time today to cover Transkei. Their Police and Prisons awards, are really hard to find. They were kept at the Transkei Logistics and the Police awards was never sent to the SAP Head Logistics, in Pretoria after 1995, but all the other Homelands Police awards was.

Regards

Archie

received_1149770248551235.jpeg

received_1126746544191696.jpeg

received_1545305475608321.jpeg

20200425_210251.jpg