Sign in to follow this  
quovandius

Border regt depot Carlisle which district/command?

Hi all

My mother's cousin served with the border regiment in the mid 50s during his national service. He was on staff at their depot at Carlisle castle. I'm badging up a battledress for this time but need help. I know left arm is Lancastrian brigade. However, I'm not sure of the district sign for the right... Originally thought they would come under north western District (western command) but also seen a pic and a mention of them possibly being under Northumbrian district (northern command)?any help greatly appreciated

Good morning and welcome to the GMIC!  I saw your post on Wednesday but didn't have anything useful to say except to ask if you've contacted the regimental museum.    [ https://www.cumbriasmuseumofmilitarylife.org/museum/the-border-regiment/ ]

Based on just a quick look, it looks like a good one: somebody/ies have done some research and not just slapped some old badges and tunics up in cases.  So, I should think they'll be able to answer your query.  Or perhaps some of our more knowledgeable UK members can chip in here.

Anyway, welcome and good luck!

Peter

Thanks Peter, the only thing they could find was one picture showing Northumbrian district. After a bit more research I think they're right.

Cheers, Mark