News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Attempting to determine approximate age of Bi Metal Suffolk Regiment Cap Badge ?

Hello Gents,     I'm seeking to determine the approximate manufacture date of what I believe to be a true, WW1 era Suffolk Regiment Other Ranks [ Enlisted Man ] Cap Badge ? From what little I've learned from a few U.K. based Dealers is that 'most' true, early WW1 production pieces were of Bi Metal construction, with 'blow holes' on their reverse ? If this is correct, my current example does appear to possess all those features. Apparently, circa mid - late 1916, the manufacturer's began running low on the Bi Metal material, & resorted to all brass construction, commonly referred to as 'War Emergency Type'. I'm hoping my example is a genuine early War piece, but would really like to either confirm or discount that fact. Enclosed are the front & back of my example, not anyone would please be so kind as to advise me on its relative period of manufacture, & if possible, it's originality, if at all relevant. Also, I had trouble including the 2 Scans of my Suffolk's Badge, so I figured that hopefully I could add them via a Link, as included below. THANK YOU

Best regards,  Dom P.  / dpast32@aol.com

s-l1600 - 2020-03-25T091240.374.jpg

s-l1600 - 2020-03-25T091226.245.jpg

I apologize for my recent mishaps in attempting to include my cap badge photos here. However it appears as if I've corrected the issue, & both sides of the badge are exhibited below. THANKS Gents

Dom P. / dpast32@aol.com

s-l1600 - 2020-03-25T091240.374.jpg

s-l1600 - 2020-03-25T091226.245.jpg