News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

unknown Luftwaffe emblem

Came across some hand painted colorful shields on Weitze, belonging to the Luftstreitkräfte and/or Luftwaffe. Wondering which squadron they might represent I managed to find matching pictures but they failed to give definite answers. All I know is that "lion chasing rooster" is a WW1 double-decker airplane and hence it can't be WW2. Can you identify "cupid shooting gallic rooster"?  Latter has to be ww2 for the text says the umbrella is (Neville) Chamberlain's. Much obliged for your assistance.

image.png.9b4dd68d870d8239953d3487d4eb2524.png

Das Bild wird geladen Bayerisches-Flieger-Abzeichen-Doppeldecker-Bemalung-Flugzeug-Mauspad-13185haan6.jpg.61e93b3bf5e325f7c5a19a924ef5c0ae.jpg

staffel.png.7a47839b385b8af805a69186ad651402.pngLuftwaffe 1933 - 1945 - Allgemeine Militaria Deutschland ...

staffel.jpeg

Edited by Duikboot

• 4 months later...

The "cupid shooting gallic rooster" with the umbrella added to the mix was a short-lived emblem of 7./JG 26.

The emblem was introduced around the time of the III. Gruppe's formation, late September or early October 1939, and was abandoned by early 1940. Its replacement was the well-known red heart emblem.

Regards,

Sinisa 

• 3 months later...
    On 27/09/2020 at 16:05, Sidney68 said:

The "cupid shooting gallic rooster" with the umbrella added to the mix was a short-lived emblem of 7./JG 26.

The emblem was introduced around the time of the III. Gruppe's formation, late September or early October 1939, and was abandoned by early 1940. Its replacement was the well-known red heart emblem.

Regards,

Sinisa 

my utmost gratitude bordering on having rabies I do greet thee,

my angel Sinisa.