News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

GUATEMALA MEDAL OF THE DIGICI DIRECTION GENERAL OF CIVIL INTELLIGENCE - ie COUNTER SPY AGENCY OF GUATEMALA

Hello Gentlemen,

I will show today, some medals, that are not parts of my collection, but that I had the occasion to see, and more, to be allow to photograph them, when I was doing a travel to Guatemala in January 2018.

They are the medal from the DIGICI ( Direccion General de la Intelligencia Civil ), actually it's a separate office (not exactly police....), that are in charge of fighting the narcotrafic, the sides activities connected to it, the money laundering, and corruption ).

And yes, this service has its own medal, and you gonna see them.

Usually I know few travellers takes 2 to 3, to 4, or more extra days to chase medals, or medals information when they are very far from home, but that is something I always do. Meeting people, spoke to them is as interesting, as getting medal, because you then got their stories, and it helps you to understand more, this vast very vast field that phaleristic is.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Guatemala DIGICI Explication Activity Text.jpg.png

Guatemala DIGICI Badge Seal.jpeg

Edited by heusy68

Here we have the Cruz de Intelligencia, that seems to exist in 2 Classes.

I had them in hands, workmanship quality is good, but it's not gold, it's not silver.

I cannot resist to "try to compare" it to one of the CIA award, the Intelligence Star.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Guatemala Cruz de Intelligencia 1st & 2nd Class - National Intelligence Service Cross Medal 1st & 2nd Class.jpg

Guatemala Cruz de Intelligencia Civil 1st Class - National Intelligence Service Cross 1st Class Medal.jpg

Guatemala Cruz de Intelligenci Civil 1st Class close up.jpg

The Medal of Academic Merit - Estrella Náutica Mérito Académico.

With suspender bar : DISCIPLINE.

Medal is in good quality bronzed metal, lightly gilded.

I asked why the motto was reading " Nautic Star " , but I got no reply to this.

But at least, it is what it is.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Guatemala Medal of Academic Merit of National Intelligence Service.jpg

Guatemala Medal of Academic Merit of National Intelligense Service 4447.jpg

Guatemala Medal of Academic Merit of National Intelligence Service close up.jpg

Edited by heusy68

And here we got the last one,

The Medal of Responsability (actually it is what read the suspender).

The medal is iself named " Estralla Nautica" ounce more.

If any of our members is from Guatemala, or knows better this topic, he is most welcome to add information below.

In the room, where I was shown these medals, there were no others from the DIGICI, but that does not means that others might not exist.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Guatemala Medal of Responsability of National Intelligence Service.jpg

Guatemala Medal of Responsability of National Intelligence Service bis.jpg

Edited by heusy68