News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Which Regiment? Shoulder board Monogram help appreciated!

Hi all,

perhaps I am simply blind, but I just cannot figure out which regiment this saxon (? - picture taken in Reichenbach im Vogtland) soldier / Gefreiter belongs to.

I searched through all my monogram-lists but just cannot decide - I really appreciate any help from you all!

He wears a Friedrich August Medal on the war ribbon (should be bronze as he is a Gefreiter) and a nice Kampfmesser / Grabendolch (private purchase?).

Cheers

ArHo

a (1).JPG

a (2).JPG

Edited by ArHo

Hi @The Prussian!

And thanks a lot - I read a little about the Friedensrock and found out that all Infantry regiments had now, contrary to before, white shoulder straps ("Waffenfarbe"). This explains a lot (I was confused about the "white" before) and makes it very likely that IR 106 is the right candidate.

The Friedensrock aspect of the picture is very interesting - I bought it because I simply "liked" it but now it will get a more special place in my collection...

Cheers

ArHo

Edited by ArHo