News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sp?htruppunternehmens Conrad

Hello,

I got this very interesting report a month ago that I would like to share.

I will soon put them on my private web page so you can download and read it at home.

It's about the last push to Dietl after Operation B?ffel stopped.

Can anyone tell me more about Oberleutnant Conrad?

Regards, Stefan

Guest Rick Research

Could this have been the Conrad (no first name, alas, since I find no higher decorations for him) who was serving in

Gebirgspanzerabwehrabteilung 47 of 2. Gebirgs Division before the war?

Leutnant 1.1.38 #301

and miraculously (but confirmed by the pre-war unit reference) in the May 1944 Seniority List

Major 1.12.43 #66b

?

Thanks Rick :beer:

David, let's plan for a little vacation...pack the rucksacks with the Norwegian beer Ringnes and go for a hike ;)

Cheers, Stefan

Stefan,

That is something I would seriously consider. I won't be able to manage it in June of this year due to other commitments, but it is something worth looking into for later.

David

Fascinating report, which has survived remarkably well.

It would be interesting to trace the route they took using similar equipment (minus perhaps the MPs) to find out what can be seen from that period and how long it would take today.

Quite a bit from the war if you know where to look. Bunkers and coastal batteries a plenty including an outstanding military museum at Svolvaer jam packed with militaria.