News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

La Medalla del Busto del Liberator Simon Bolivar, Venezuela

Recently I bought the shown award document for the Medalla del Busto del Liberator Simon Bolivar, issued by the President of Venezuela in 1880. It is made of vellin and awarded to a frenchman. This medal was instituted by the President of Venezuela in March 1854, and  was abolished by the establishment of the Order of the Liberator in Sept 1880.

The only pictures I could find of this medal is the one I show here. The site Condecorationes Venezuela mentions the medal, but only shows the reverse.

If any member has better pictures of this medal, or perhaps even owns one, I would be very grateful to get clear pictures, to accompany the award document.

Thanks and regards, Pieter

P1050135.JPG

P1050137.JPG

Edited by pieter1012

Hi Marcon,

thank you for the link. However, this is the Peruvian version of the medal, that was instituted by the government of Peru in 1825, after their independence. Fortunately, there is more information and are more pictures available of this Peru medal.

The Venezuelan version, instituted in 1854, has the same name, but has a different design as can been seen in the picture I added. It is also much rarer, and I have never seen one on the market. In the Morton & Eden auction of the collection of the American Numismatic Society, only the Peru version was offered.

But anyway thanks for your reaction and with best regards,

Pieter