News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Would any Forum member know how I might identify what decorations/medals Ltn. R. Tuxen would have been awarded. He served as a fighter pilot 1916/18 and at one time flew with Jasta 6. I believe his first name was either Robert or Rudolf 

Although I imagine this to be an impossible task, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Edited by mjw

Hi Malcolm

You will have a fair chance to find good info on Lt dR Robert Tüxen as he have an BAMA file in Freiburg. As I am not focused on Jasta pilots I have not checked that file yet.

He was born 30.04.1897 Scheggerott, Schleswig. After WW1 until at least early 1940s he was living in Hamburg-Fuhlsbüttel listed with occupation Flugzeugführer (pilot).  In 1930s he became a member of the Richthofen association (former members).

He also served during WW2 and ended up as Major dR.

I do think he was the Lt dR Tüxen from RIR 86 who was promoted Lt dR 22.05.1915 (Flensburg).

He is listed in PVL 14.05.1917 as lightly wounded. The incident happened 30.04.1917, some source says he was a member of FAA 213 at that time but I am unsure about that.

Mvh

Gunnar

Hello Gunnar,

Thank you very much for the extremely interesting and helpful reply.  It is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Malcolm.