News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Armed Forces Table Medal?

Hi, It appears to be a commemorative or souvenir medallion of the Iraqi Armed forces and dates from the 1958-63 Abdulkarim Qassem period. The text is blurred/unclear. From my notes the design on the reverse is an, 

"equilateral triangle written bearing the letter “J” in Koufic (old Arabic) script and represents the strength of the army and its merging with the people."

'J' is the first letter of jaish = army. Regards, Owain

Edited by oamotme

On 29/09/2022 at 04:24, oamotme said:

Hi, It appears to be a commemorative or souvenir medallion of the Iraqi Armed forces and dates from the 1958-63 Abdulkarim Qassem period. The text is blurred/unclear. From my notes the design on the reverse is an, 

"equilateral triangle written bearing the letter “J” in Koufic (old Arabic) script and represents the strength of the army and its merging with the people."

'J' is the first letter of jaish = army. Regards, Owain

Thank you for the information.  It's great to know the time frame it was made.  (I assumed Saddam period given how crude the item was constructed, but it's a pleasant surprise given I'm starting to collect pre-Saddam Iraqi items.)

Thanks again for your help.