News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Original Partisan Titovkas, Movie Prop Titovkas & Fake/Replica Ones.

Muh

I Couldn't Find And Guide/Tips Online For Og Partisan Titovkas. 
    Soo Why don't We Make One?!

I Will Start Off, I Was Offered This One, I Asked For Few Opinions.. I Got Some Positive Ones, But Mostly Negative (That Its A Movie Prop) Mostly Cuz Of The Stamp Inside (The Stamp Itself, And No Wear)
    If Someone Thinks Otherwise I Would Love To Hear The Opinions!

1665506607609122.jpg

1665506607193410.jpg

1665506607384169.jpg

1665506606806241.jpg

Edited by Muh

• 4 weeks later...

Well, those where almost always made by hand, so they vary in appearance quite a bit.

That only makes them easier to fake, unfortunately.

Find some online sources for testing the fabric for age, it is the only way to be half certain.

• 1 month later...

Hello Muh,

I don't see any obvious red flags with your cap. Fabric, inner lining, black thread, red star cloth are all consistent with a late war or early post war titovka. That said, most of the ones I've seen had no stamps. The stamps themselves certainly indicate that this specimen was never really used, as they tended to disappear rather quickly with wear and sweat. 

It could also be a movie prop, I'm not ruling that out. Finally, it could even be an original military titovka that ended up as movie prop, since the JA was very much involved in supporting the movie industry, both through their own productions (Zastava Film) and state film productions (Avala Film). When Avala Film went bankrupt in the mid 2000s, many such scene costumes and accessories came out. It's hard to tell what's what nowadays.

On 03/01/2023 at 10:59, Drugo said:

Hello Muh,

I don't see any obvious red flags with your cap. Fabric, inner lining, black thread, red star cloth are all consistent with a late war or early post war titovka. That said, most of the ones I've seen had no stamps. The stamps themselves certainly indicate that this specimen was never really used, as they tended to disappear rather quickly with wear and sweat. 

It could also be a movie prop, I'm not ruling that out. Finally, it could even be an original military titovka that ended up as movie prop, since the JA was very much involved in supporting the movie industry, both through their own productions (Zastava Film) and state film productions (Avala Film). When Avala Film went bankrupt in the mid 2000s, many such scene costumes and accessories came out. It's hard to tell what's what nowadays.

Yes I Forgot To Follow Up On The Post, This was a Titovka i was considering to buy, but i decided to try and find a different one.. Thankfully i ran into 2 nice examples and one of the sellers i got a Titovka from, said that he got many of his from one of the places where a movie was filmed. Stamps are 100% a indicator of a movie used one but it doesn't mean that its not a real one.

On 08/01/2023 at 20:55, Drugo said:

Thanks for the followup muh. When I have time I will check my wartime examples to see if they have stamps.

That would be awesome! Thanks in advance! 

• 4 weeks later...