News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

St-George Cross

love4history

I fear that I don't fully understand the way this forum works. I apologize for any breaches of procedure.

I appreciate everyone posts directed to me.

Bob

"the bad news is that, at least as of the last time I checked (back in 2010), all of the publications giving the lists were out of print"

This pretty well sums up the situation.

However Bob, that doesn't diminish at all our interest in seeing photos of your cross. There may still be some insights from seeing it and any other artifacts.

You are probably referring to a deluxe red-bound volume that listed all of the recipients of the enamelled Order of St. George.

The good news is that any lists of the names of the enlisted men and ncos who received the St. George cross (lists that weren't lost or destroyed during two world wars and the Revolution) have been reprinted in Russia; the bad news is that, at least as of the last time I checked (back in 2010), all of the publications giving the lists were out of print.

Regards

Your description of the book matches my recollection.

The printed lists that you mentioned: Where and when and by whom were they printed? How can I research this avenue?

Thank you for your reply.

Bob