News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Boer War, Metropolitan Police and Coldstream Guards. Help Sought

I have recently seen for sale a QSA with Clasps CC, OFS and SA 01 to a Pte AV (Albert Victor)Gleed, by chance I noticed in Mr Kemps list of Met Police medals an entry for PC Albert Gleed who is listed as joining the Force on 16/10/99 and being dismissed 6/4/03, in meantime he was awarded a Edward VII coronation medal. At first glance one would think that they are one and same man but obviously he couldn't be in two places at same time or could he ?  AV became a PC in the London County Council Park Police and was serving as such in 1914 when he re joined the 3rd Batt, Coldstream Guards and went to France/Belgium but due to illness was repatriated to UK two months later. AV Gleed died 1920's. Any advice on this would be gratefully received.