News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lao medal

Aniki

Hi, could you please advise whether it was possible for a Japanese soldier to be awarded with a Lao order of million parasol? Many thanks in advance (as always, even if I won't write it down). 

R

The award was founded by King Sisavang in  (or around) 1909, therefore certainly i can see no reason why a Japanese soldier could not have one, especially if he was a member of the Japanese military legation in Phnom Penh, which would have been part of the consular service, from say WWI to the 1930s, does your Japanese soldier have any other medals or is there a piece of paper with the  Order or is it a piece of E-bay bullshit?

P

Thank you for reply. I don't have any particular reference, have been just wondering if such situation was possible. I haven't seen any reference photo with Laotian medal along with Japanese ones that's why. I'd appreciate if you'd have any as an example. Besides parasol order is so nice and extraordinary that it's a real pleasure to have a chance to look at it :)