News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 / WW2 Iron Cross Finger Ring with Unknown Markings ?

s-l1600(89).thumb.jpg.119a6294ecdc7442868a8992c1f42e9b.jpg

Hello Gentlemen,  I've been preparing an inventory of my collection[s], & I figured I would start with my German items as that's what I have the least of. One particular item I came across is probably of WW1 +/- vintage, although it very well could be as late as WW2 ? I'm hoping someone here might be able to decipher the Manufacturer's marking inside of it, as just maybe they may prove to be the key to learning something about it ? First, it appears to have been silver plate, over brass, & is quite small, either intended for a man's pinky finger, or perhaps it was intended for a woman ? It's an Iron Cross on middle obverse, flanked on each side by an type of what appears to be an Germanic 'arrow' for lack of a better description. Inside, stamped under the Cross are the following; 'G ? S' and then what looks like perhaps a 'C', inside of some type of circle ? Below all of this is an "88', if I managed to read it correctly. And yes, I know that I need to get a few photographs up so everyone will be able to view it, but I figured I would Post it until I can get the photos done. Hopefully, someone will know about this very ring & will chime in about it ? So if anyone does have any information concerning this item, I would very much appreciate hearing from them. THANK YOU

UPDATE:  Hello Gents,  As I'm still looking around for the original Ring in question, I've decided to add the above photograph which is an 'almost' exact duplicate of my Ring. My example is however somewhat smaller than the new production version, & is not anywhere as bright as opposed to mine, which appears to have a heavy patina, due of course to its age ? 

Hopefully someone here might at least recognize the basic design, & just maybe providing us with a lead as to its origins ? THANKS AGAIN,

Best,    Dom P.   /   'dpast32'

Edited by dpast32
    Photograph added to Post