News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

How to recognize a real SS M42 Tunic ???

Hello

I tried to find a SS M42 Tunic , the

Tunic with the lowest price was

5000€ and one example for 8000€ !

That's a high price!

But if I would invest that Money in

a contemporary original I want to

know, if it's a original one.

So please tell what I have to check

at a expensive original !

Thank you!

Edited by Username

• 1 month later...

There is a wealth of knowledge on this fourm as well as others. The best thing you can do is to do some research on your own. Look at various examples.  Look for label marks and compare with other known examples.  As you noted, This would be a very expensive mistake to make if you were uneducated.  With prices like you said, a period one will not be cheap.  Get feedback...post here, ask questions, get people whom have a good reputation and have no invested interest who can give you feedback info.  Don't feel rushed.  If you see a tunic that is grossly under priced, don't fall victim to an impulse.   Genuine articles will always catch a market premium.  SS is the most expensive area of focus in the Third Reich collectables for the most part.  The websites of those selling can also be a great place to learn. For example, Here is a SS tunic and pants being sold by H.Weitze.  https://www.weitze.net/militaria/13/SS_SD_Feldbluse_und_Stiefelhose_fuer_einen_SS_Sturmscharfuehrer_des_Sicherheitsdienst_nbsp__381413.html  The photos can help you look and see the construction, the description can also help.  

Best of luck.

JustinG