News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Crimea, 3e Regiment d’Artillerie,

Crimea medal, Named “BINET” “3ART” and the Matricule number “4633”
    Soldat Binet served with the 3ème Régiment d’artillerie in the Crimea from 1854 and 1855, including the siege of Sevastopol.  In 1859, the regiment took part in the victory alongside the Franco-Piedmontese troops at Solferino during the Italian campaign (unable to confirm Binet served in Italy).
    Sadly, as yet I have not been able to get access to his file held at Service Historique de la Défence but I have his file number (GR 36 YC 104) which will show his medals, clasps and Battery.
    When time came to distribute the Crimea Medals, 3ème Régiment d’artillerie was issued a total 1405 medals.
    In 1855 At the time of compiling the regimental medal list, 1099 Soldiers had received the Medals – with still pending 306 to be delivered. They were collectively entitled to: 1405 Sebastopol Clasps, 79 Alma clasps, 5 Balaklava clasps and 5 Inkermann clasps.
    So we are 100% sure that Binet got the Clasp "Sebastopol" Clasp.
    Will update as soon as more information is available.

IMG_0710.jpeg