News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Konstantin Nikolayev (Tom63)

I just received the very sad news that Konstantin Nikolayev, recognized as the world's leading Freikorps expert and author of the comprehensive 2-volume study of Freikorps awards passed away earlier this Fall after a serious illness. To those of us who knew Konstantin, he was a major source of information on the Freikorps period and always gracious and generous in helping further our knowledge of this very interesting area of German militaria collecting. This is a great loss to the Freikorps collecting community. He will be sorely missed. Given that his excellent books were self-published, they will become collectible in their own right and I consider myself fortunate to have a signed set of these wonderful books.

Konstantin is also noted for writing the first comprehensive book on the TWM (Eiserner Halbmond/Gallipoli Star), a quite lengthy reference at 470 pages.