News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WWII order of the crown of Italy 1938/39 award. Possible to research for the recipient's grandson?

A family friend is the grandson of the recipient of the order of the crown and he would love to know why it was awarded. All he has is the permission letter for his grandfather to wear the award in Holland.He comes from the  well storied military/naval families Bueninck and Jacometti. and the gentleman in question was the Captain of several ships during the war and saw quite some action.

Please see this link for more info.Henri Jan Bueninck

He believes his grandfather was awarded it in either 1938 or 1939 on a trip to Italy to visit family.

What info might be available and how would I go about finding it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is really outside my field of interest/knowledge.

Thank you,

Jan

Edited by fjcp
    punctuation

• fjcp changed the title to WWII order of the crown of Italy 1938/39 award. Possible to research for the recipient's grandson?